These files form a LaTeX-version of Grothendieck's Pursuing Stacks (PS) typescript from 1983. The files are released into the public domain. It is requested, though, that positive changes or alternative layouts are shared if they could be of help to others.
At the moment there are three PDF versions for download:
- ps-online.pdf: one-sided on letter paper for screen viewing.
- ps-letter.pdf: two-sided on letter paper for printing.
- ps-a4paper.pdf: one-sided on A4 paper for printing.
You can also download Pursuing_Stacks.djvu: the original scan of the PS typescript.
Makefile is set up so that all you should need is to
make if you have a recent
TeX Live installation (including the
pdfcrop tool). The reason a
Makefile is helpful is because three
globe.pdf are made only
once and then only included once when compiling the main document
(these contain symbols for the three main shape categories mentioned
To Do List
- review of all equivalences (
\equ) vs isomorphisms (
- change many
\bpiz(when the source is
- say something about later developments inspired by PS
- proof-read, check kerning, add more notes
- put in more forward references to corrections and errata
- figure out missing bits: see bottom of the README file for an up-to-date list.